Sunday, July 22, 2012

What a wonderful day it was.....

We finally  were able to visit Julie and Charlie in  their new home yesterday.  They had a family BBQ to celebrate Gabriel's birthday (but we had missed Jesse, Rachel and Hailey's as well since Hailey started her cancer treatments)! 


It was nice to be all together again.  It was difficult to see little Hailey for the first time after all these months.
I passed on the  messages from family and friends for all the prayers for healing.   The littlest survivor on Team Nanny is really fighting.  She had a fever (again) and really was not feeling well.  Oh how I just wanted to sprinkle some fairy dust on her and make it all go away.  There was nothing I could do to make her feel better.  I did try her waka waka theme song.  It helped for a few minutes. Please remember to  keep her and her family in your prayers.  She is so little and it is just so unfair. 
Here is the link to my online album that I have created.

I have decided to keep my albums (other than my gardens, pets, randoms, shares, and the odd kid pic) off of Facebook for various reasons.  Mostly do to people *not getting it*.  I do things I probably should not.  I know that.  BUT if I don't try then I will just lay here and die. The pain is relentless if I stay in bed or if I get up, get dressed, and live life on the outside.   So I soldier on.  I take extra drugs to get through a busy day.  We know these drugs are damaging my organs, and that the amputation cannot come soon enough, but despite that, I make sure to make the best of it, I have fun, I laugh, I play.  Today I am barely able to move, but it WAS worth the effort.  The pain meds really did a number on my stomach, but I would not change that moment of happiness for anything.  And it was worth LIVING STRONG.


When we arrived home our eldest granddaughter, Marilou was here with Bridgette and we had a short visit before driving them to the airport for their trip to France! Bon Voyage! I can't wait to hear all about it.  


So enjoy the smiles, and try not to crack up too much when you realize I soooooooooo lost that water fight to a bunch of kids that were seven and under! I was out numbered five to one!  I spent the first half of the visit socializing, taking pictures that are already precious memories.  I am not sure how I got myself into a five against one water balloon war, but it sure was better than sitting on the sidelines.  Thank you to my sweet Andre for keeping his eye on me, trusting me to not get hurt, and for capturing it all on film.  I love you for letting me be me, "your crazy papou"! 


It was a very busy day, but you were there for me, making sure you helped when needed and then picking up the pieces of the broken me afterwards, like always! 

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." .....   Mark Twain


Footnote:
Rx Pharmaceuticals $$$$$$,
Prosthetics, braces, and other various hardware, $$$$$$
One salon hair cut, style and blow dry, $$$$$
The look on the kids faces when they soaked  
me and my new hair do PRICELESS!
The look on my face when I got them back, SHAMELESS! 
ROTFLOL 





2 comments:

  1. All the photos are wonderful, but the water fight is total perfection. I giggled my way through every one of them! That's my ForestChild ... catching the wind in her sails (or the waves under her surfboard) at every chance; living SO strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sunny! It was SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete