Sunday, July 1, 2012

Team Nanny's Pond 2012

Life has been a little less than kind lately, with multiple health challenges getting in the way of what I would like to accomplish. Acceptance of any kind of limitations has always been hard on me.  I just don't like it when I run out of "choices" in what I can do. Falls have left me injured and more aware than ever of my limitations and how I need to have this amputation over with.  My prosthetic leg is strong, but more often than  not it is the other knee that cannot hold me up, even braced.  Often days I am not very mobile at all, and must stay in my chiar.  I can't venture far from home, my health gets in the way.  On those days I am grateful for the oasis we have created in our little corner of the planet.  I make the choice to be happy, because no matter what happens with my health, the choice to be happy is always there for me.  

If there is one thing I can say about the ten years of gardening and nurturing is that we have created a charm that we enjoy so much it has turned us often into homebodies! When you can't go to nature, create it and invite the wildlife to you!  We are blessed with bird songs, and little critters that really make you say, "Look"!  The video.... I can just listen to it on my iPad now or computer, and it will bring me back to these peaceful moments that I am so grateful for.  I have a sweet friend who is also home bound because of health challenges and it was in thinking of her that I created this video to help her go to her own peaceful spot in the Smokey Mountains. My virtual gift to make the really hard moments a little more bearable.    I could never have done all of this without AndrĂ©'s vision and muscle power.  The maintenance is mine by choice.  I am happy in nature. I love to dig in the dirt.  I love to watch how things grow.   I used to camp to get that "feel".... but this is surely the next best thing to being close to nature when you live a block from the international airport runway! :D) Friends and family are always welcome here, and especially the visits from the little "Team Nanny" members! Happy Canada Day friends.  Peace.  *Love* & *Light*  Kath


YOU'RE INVITED - COME SIT AWHILE - AND WE'LL SHARE A PIECE OF TIME!

google-site-verification: googleb666b2c27b29f412.html