Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Favorite Season is Here!


I love spring and summer! Especially as our gardens come back to life, and my world becomes “forest green” once again.  This evening after a day of gardening, Cassidy and I took Patience for a walk and we noticed the sweet smell of lilacs everywhere we went.  

This white lilac is our front yard.

Our neighborhood had them everywhere.  We both had so much fun looking at our neighbors yards seeing all the pretty flower baskets  My own yard has three different varieties and waking up to the sounds of the birds busy feeding their young, and the fragrance of the lilacs is pure joy.  I love as the perennials in our garden come alive once again decorating our yard with beautiful colors and textures.  


before May 2012









Today I managed to get one garden turned over, weeded, and mulched.  I love getting down and dirty! 

after May 2012



  










This year we added another level to the front deck and a new mailbox.  I loved creating it and the charm that it adds to the front yard.  




The collages I created are made of everything that we love about this home.  The people who we call “family”, the flowers that bring us so much joy that come back every year, and of course it would not be artistic if it did not have André’s paintings!  
                              

I still have to add some paw prints, but that will come in time.  I need help from the resident artist with that task! 
Tomorrow is a “Team Nanny” day! The children have no school.  I have no idea what we will be doing yet, but I do know that there will be smiles, giggles, love and laughter, music and hugs, hugs, hugs!!  Throw in a few chocolate chip cookies and some “Nanny Tai’s” and it is a recipe for guaranteed happiness.  Yes.  I love this time of the year!   I waited all winter for this.  I am not going to waste a minute of it!  Only eight more gardens to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment