Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Courage To Be Myself



THE COURAGE TO BE MYSELF
By Sue Paton Theole

I have the courage to...

embrace my strengths -

Get excited about life - Enjoy giving and 

receiving love - Face and transform

my fears - I will ask for help and support

when I need it -

Spring free of the Superwoman trap -

Trust myself - Make my own decisions

and choices - Befriend myself - Complete

unfinished business  - Realize that I have 

emotional and practical rights -

Talk as nicely to myself 

as I do to my plants - Communicate

lovingly with understanding as my goal-

Honour my own needs -

Give myself credit for my own accomplishments -

Love the little girl within me -

Overcome my addiction to approval - 

Grant myself permission to play - 

Quit being a Responsibility Sponge - 

Feel all of my feelings and act on them 

appropriately - Nurture others because

I want to, not because I have to -

Choose what is right for me - Insist on being

paid fairly for what I do-

Set limits and boundaries and stick by them -

Say "yes" only when I really mean it -

Have realistic expectations - Take risks and

accept change - Grow through challenges - 

Be totally honest with myself - 

Correct erroneous beliefs and assumptions - 

Respect my vulnerabilities -

Heal old and current wounds -

Savour mystery of Spirit - 

Wave good-bye to guilt - Plant "flower",

not "weed" thoughts in my mind - 

Treat myself with respect and teach others

others to do the same - 

Fill my own cup first, then nourish

others from the overflow - 

Own my own excellence - Plan for the future

but live in the present - Value my

intuition and wisdom - Know that I am

loveable - Celebrate the differences between

men and women - Develop healthy, supportive

relationships - Make forgiveness a priority - 

Accept myself just as I am now -
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
         May you find the courage
           to be yourself & forever
            ~LIVESTRONG~
    ~~~*Love* & *Light*~~~
       ~Team Nanny Kath ~

*Love* & *Light* has been my signature for the past 20 years, and may it continue to help lead you when darkness comes.


Namesté

TEAMNANNY Blog


@teamnanny on Twitter





     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment